ITEN WIRED’s Government Contracting 101 Workshop
Wednesday, October 2nd — 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM
The Government Contracting 101 Workshop is a phenomenal opportunity for industry to get a good understanding of what the government needs. It also provides a good method to try and shape any RFP towards your unique offering.
Goals of ITEN WIRED Government Contracting 101 Workshop
- To ensure synergy between the Government program office and Industry representatives
- Incorporate Industry comments into the RFP development process
- Communicate interoperability and open standards
- Communicate program requirements and schedule
- Gain a better understanding of recent Industry developments
- Provide updates to Industry on future program developments and acquisitions
Business-To-Business Speed Networking
Immediately following the main presentation sessions, join us for business-to-business speed networking, an event where you have the opportunity to network with other SMBs interested in government contracting and learn about what you mutually have to offer!
How It Works
We will be running the networking session for a max of 20 businesses, each person will spend 2-3 minutes (depending on final numbers) with each participant. We would ask participants to prepare a short pitch about themselves, company details and what you are looking to get out of the event. You may wish to summarize your information on paper with your contact details and give a copy to each participant to refer to after the event, after all they will have met a lot of new contacts in a short space of time, so make yourself memorable!
Benefits Of Business-To-Business Speed Networking
- The main purpose of the speed networking is to meet lots of new contacts in a short space of time saving valuable time and money
- Within a few minutes you can decide if you wish to spend more time with that company/person during the main forum networking events and if there is a possibility of a business relationship
- Helps maximize your time at the forum making sure you meet the people that can offer you real business opportunities
- If you take into account each participants business contacts, you are potentially connecting with hundreds of relevant industry people
- Increases your networking profile within the industry
- People like to do business with people they have met and like
- A great icebreaker, the informal format takes the awkwardness out of traditional networking; it is a fun and easy way to meet a wide variety of people.